On Jan 24 17:16, Stefan Baur wrote: > Am 24.01.19 um 16:59 schrieb Corinna Vinschen: > > I think refusing an account manually and deliberately disabled by an > > admin makes lots of sense. > > > > I'm not so sure about locked out accounts. THis might need some > > discussion. > > It's been a while since I did Windows administration, so I can't really > make a recommendation here ... BUT: > > If an admin can lock out an account (separately from disabling it > entirely), say, by setting an initial password, checking the "user must > change password on first login", and also checking "user is not allowed > to change password" simultaneously (if that's possible), or, say, by > just setting a random password without telling it to anyone ever, > followed by firing so many login attempts at the account that it gets > locked out, then telling them apart and treating locked out accounts > differently would make sense, IMO. This description sounds extremly artificial to me. We should work under the assumption that the admin is the good guy. Usually a user locks itself out, or is locked out by a malicious login attempt. The admin can only define rules for locking out, other than that she can only remove the "account locked" flag. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer