On Jan 28 09:03, Steven Hartland wrote: > On 28/01/2019 09:00, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > > Since Microsoft decided to name their own sshd service "sshd", too, we > > don't have much choice than to rename our service after 16+ years. > > > > https://github.com/PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH/issues/1331 > > > > My patch has been accepted upstream so starting with OpenSSH 8.0, newly > > installed Cygwin sshd services will be called "cygsshd" by default, > > unless Microsoft renames their service yet :} > > > > Of course, systems with already installed Cygwin sshd service will keep > > the service name, even after an update to OpenSSH 8.0. > > > > As some people (including myself) already experienced, an update of your > > W10 system to 1809 may break your sshd service. The OS update > > apparently overwrites an existing sshd service with its own sshd service > > without asking. You can just remove the Windows sshd with > > > > $ cygrunsrv -R sshd > > > > and reinstall Cygwin sshd, or you reinstall Cygwin sshd under another name: > > > > $ ssh-host-config -n cygsshd (pre OpenSSH 8.0) > > $ ssh-host-config (OpenSSH 8.0 or later) > > > > > > Sorry for the hassle, > > Corinna > Thanks for the heads up its a real pain MS did that, caused me issues a few > times. > > Also watch out for broken firewall rules after this change. Good point! 👍 Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer