On Jan 28 10:18, Bill Stewart wrote: > On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 9:52 AM Corinna Vinschen > wrote: > > > > On Jan 28 08:02, Bill Stewart wrote: > > > On Mon, Jan 28, 2019 at 2:59 AM Corinna Vinschen > > > wrote: > > > > > > > Can you please test again with the latest snapshot from > > > > https://cygwin.com/snapshots/? The new S4U authentication method > > > > used in this snapshot automatically applies the Windows account rules so > > > > in my testing the patch I applied originally is not required anymore. > > > > Consequentially I disabled it to rely fully on the Windows function's > > > > behaviour. Can you test this, too, please, just to be sure? > > > > > > Thank you Corinna; I will test. > > > > > > Will the S4U authentication work on standalone (non domain-joined) > > > machines also? > > > > It uses MsV1_0 S4U on standalone workstations, Kerberos S4U on domain > > meber machines with fallback to MsV1_0 under some circumstances. > > Hi Corinna, > > This is great that the service can run using the SYSTEM account! It > greatly simplifies management. Along these lines I have an OpenSSH patch in the loop which reverts the ssh-host-config script back to using the SYSTEM user, just as in the olden Windows XP days. I'll send it upstream as soon as Cygwin 3.0 is officially released. I attached the resulting ssh-host-config script to this mail, if you or anybody else want to test it. > I tested and it worked as expected. > > Thank you! Super, thank you! I guess I will role out a Cygwin test release in the next couple of days. Stay tuned, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer