On Feb 13 10:43, Bill Stewart wrote: > On Wed, Feb 13, 2019 at 9:26 AM Corinna Vinschen > wrote: > > No, that was a bug. With case insenitive usernames, the pattern > > matching in OpenSSH won't work and you create a potential security > > problem. > > I see - interoperability issue. > > Therefore it becomes imperative on the Windows side to match username > case exactly and we need to explain this. > > However I would say that the case of the domain or computername > shouldn't matter? > > I just tested with cygwin1.dll (13 Feb 2019) and this worked: > > ssh COMPUTERNAME+username@computername > > however this didn't work: > > ssh computername+username@computername > > Am I not understanding something? The complete string "domain+samaccountname" is the Cygwin username, see the output of `getent passwd ' The entire Cygwin username should always use the same case, otherwise case sensitive pattern matching on the name returned in the passwd name field won't work. Play with `getent passwd' with the latest and the previous Cygwin DLL. That should give you an idea. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer