On Feb 21 13:08, Bill Stewart wrote: > On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 9:04 AM Bill Stewart wrote: > > > From an OpenSSH perspective, IMO, it would seem that the most > > straightforward solution would be, if possible, for sshd to ignore > > username case for incoming connections when it's running on Windows. > > Any chance for a fix in sshd so it doesn't require exact-match case > usernames for incoming connections on an OS that doesn't use > case-sensitive user names (such as Windows)? https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2019-02/msg00335.html The case-insensitivity patch has been accepted now so the upcoming OpenSSH 8.0 will allow case-insensitive user and group names. I'm still waiting for the ssh-host-config script patch to get accepted, but if that doesn't occur in time for 8.0, I'll apply it as local patch for the Cygwin 8.0 release. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer