Hey Mike, On Feb 21 16:56, Mike Brady wrote: > Hello again. Further to the rather vague email below, here is a link to what I did to install Shairport Sync on a fresh Cygwin installation: > > https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync/blob/development/CYGWIN.md > > Regards > Mike > > > > On 20 Feb 2019, at 21:50, Mike Brady wrote: > > > > Hi there. I'm trying to set up Shairport Sync as a CYGWIN service, and I'm trying to use cygrunsrv. > > > > Briefly, I can get everything to work properly except the D-Bus interface -- when shairport-sync is installed as a service, it can't "own" a well-known name on the "system" D-Bus. > > > > I built a configuration and installer for shairport sync essentially by copying the avahi-daemon-config file. > > > > The Avahi deamon uses the system D-Bus successfully under the username "SYSTEM" and without (AFAICS) changing IDs. But for the life of me, I can't get Shairport Sync to work the same way. > > > > Incidentally, if I change the D Bus policy file for Shairport Sync to be allowed to own its well-known name on D Bus when running under the logged in account, everything is peachy. > > > > Any suggestions gratefully received. Incidentally, I'm the main developer of Shairport Sync -- https://github.com/mikebrady/shairport-sync. > > > > Best wishes > > Mike Brady > > You have been heard, but I have not the faintest clue what d-bus or, FWIW, avahi are doing. Ideally, if you could break down the problem to a simple, self-contained testcase which shows what exactly is not working on a plain libc level, help may be possible :} Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer