On Mar 6 13:28, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Mar 6 10:09, Maayan Apelboim wrote: > > Well, it doesn't work OK unfortunately, but I'm not sure if I missed something in the process, or is it just not working properly. > > I'm a bit worried to upgrade to 3.0.2 at the moment cause it's a major version and will probably have new bugs that I wouldn't want to find in production. > > > > Assuming we will eventually upgrade to latest version - > > My sshd service is running with domain user cyg_server and we login with domains users via ssh - is it still OK to switch the sshd service's user to local system? > > Will we still be able to login with domain users via ssh? > > Yes, that's the idea. The new method using the official S4U logon > technique runs under the SYSTEM account. No need to have a special > cyg_server account with potentially dangerous privileges anymore. > > > Will it help with my network shares problem? > > No. Just like the old techniques using an LSA authentication module > or creating a user token from scratch, S4U login does not create > tokens with valid network credentials. For some weird reason only > Microsoft knows about, you still need a password login for that. Btw., that's in no way different when using Microsoft's own SSHD. They use S4U login as well. That's where I got the idea, in fact. > The other method, logging in by stored password, as described in > https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd3 still > works, though. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer