On Mar 6 13:11, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > On Mar 5 17:02, Stephen Carrier wrote: > > Since upgrading a WS2008 R2 system to 3.0.1, attempts to ssh to the server > > fail unless some user logs into Windows first. In this case, that is by > > RDP, and it doesn't need to be the same user as the one logging in by ssh. > > After logging out of the windows-native session, ssh continues to work. > > > > Windows event logs report a failed attempt for "NULL SID" and > > > > ---- > > Failure Reason: An error occured during Logon. > > Status: 0xc00000bb > > This is weird. Status 0xc00000bb is STATUS_NOT_SUPPORTED. That > doesn't make sense, at least not on 2008 R2 with 64 bit Cygwin. > > Are you trying to login via sshd with a local account or a domain > account? > > I tried to reproduce your issue with Cygwin 3.0.2 on a Windows 10 > machine. I rebooted the machine and did not login locally or via > RDP. Sshd login worked in both cases (local/domain account). > > Can you test this again, in particular with installing Cygwin 3.0.2? > > In the meantime, I need some time to set up a Windows 2008 R2 > machine for testing. Never mind, I can reproduce the problem on Windows 7, but only for local machine accounts. Domain accounts work fine. Oh well, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer