On Mar 8 13:36, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote: > On Fri, 08 Mar 2019 08:36:24 +0900, Katsumi Yamaoka wrote: > > I tried the 2019-03-06 snapshot and, oh!, I verified Emacs got > > not to crash for displaying images without such a spell. > > It seems Emacs revived as for me as it was before Cygwin 3. > > I'm sorry that was a hasty conclusion. Emacs suddenly freezes when > I am typing somthing even if it is simply a text that will never > change frame or window configuration nor displaying image; happens > with Cygwin's Emacs and the ones I built from git; neither C-g nor > `kill -9' doesn't help; killing it using the Windows task manager > is the only measure to stop it. As it makes me hard to work, I > reverted the use of the snapshot to 3.0.2. I could reproduce the hang and found a potential deadlock situation. I pushed a fix and uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ Please test. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer