On Mar 14 14:26, renaud.rolles@giraudbtp.com wrote: > > > > On Mar 14 12:39, renaud.rolles@giraudbtp.com wrote: > > > I can login via password, it work and lets me in. > > > But if i tried with my keys, I get in the event viewer : > > > sshd: PID 3777: fatal: seteuid 1049076: No such device or address > > > > - Make sure to login with the Administrator account case-sensitive. > > If your account is called "Administrator", then use an uppercase > > 'A' when logging in. > > > > This case-sensitivity issue is a temporary workaround for a > > potential security problem in OpenSSH. This will be rectified > > with OpenSSH 8.0 which allows to login case-insentive again. > > With Uppercase i do have a login prompt, but (with the good password), I cant login (remotly or localy). > I also have Information event : > sshd: PID 3788: Login name Administrator does not match stored username administrator As I said above, *if* your account is called Administrator... > sshd: PID 3788: Invalid user Administrator from 10.0.0.8 port 60876 > then three : > sshd: PID 3788: Failed password for invalid user Administrator from 10.0.0.8 port 60876 ssh2 > > > > > - If that doesn't help, switch the user running the sshd service from > > "cyg_server" to SYSTEM (the services GUI calls it "LocalSystem") > > > > This worked, like a charm, thank you 😊 > > > Cygwin switched the logon method and this method doesn't run > > under the "cyg_server" account sometimes. However, switching > > back to "LocalSystem" instead of having to create a special > > "cyg_server" service account is one of the advantages of the > > new logon method. For details, see > > > > https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#ntsec-nopasswd1 > > > I didn't fully understand it all to be honest, but, is there another > drawback to have the localsystem running the deamon instead of the > cyg_server user, other than having the administrator possibly knowing > the password ? The cyg_server account has been introduced many years ago as a workaround for a change in the LocalSystem permissions in Windows 2003 and later. The new S4ULogon method makes the cyg_server account obsolete because the reduced permissions of LocalSystem are sufficient now. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer