On Mar 28 09:43, Thomas Wolff wrote: > Achim Gratz wrote: > > > > > Trying cygport package, a bunch of problems arise: > > > > > > I removed -s as suggested by Achim, added -g as advised by Corinna, > > > but cygport still says: > > > *** Info: No debug files, skipping debuginfo subpackage > > Well, do not reset CFLAGS in your Makefile and cygport helpfully > > provides all the scaffolding you need. You might have noticed I > > replaced the ":=" in your Makefile for exactly that reason. > I wondered why and forgot... Works now, thank you. > > A build system is supposed to be able to pre-configure CFLAGS without your > > Makefile nixing all of that effort. > As also indicated by Jeffrey Walton. However, I'll do only minimal revision > of the Makefile, as required. > > > > > > Achim also suggested some changes in the cygport file: > > > #SRC_URI="https://github.com/${NAME}/release/${NAME}-${VERSION}-src.tar.bz2" > > > SRC_URI="https://github.com/${NAME}/${NAME}/archive/${VERSION}.tar.gz" > > > → While it’s proper to retrieve the archive (if needed at all; why > > > does cygport refer to this if the package is locally available?) > > It's generally considered bad form to provide a cygport file that > > doesn't work standalone and the SRC_URI you provided only got me a 404. > Referring to the "release" repository was only a fallback rescue setting, > because due to github's strange URL scheme, the working download URL would > confuse cygport. If your repo is on github anyway it would be much simpler to define the source as a git repo. Rather than SRC_URI, just use something like this: GIT_URI="https://github.com/mintty/mintty.git" # Just as example # Either... GIT_TAG="your release tag" # ...or... GIT_REV="matching sha1-hash" inherit git > Sure, that's why the VERSION should better not be mentioned in it, right? No, the VERSION and RELEASE fields define how tohe package is called when you do `cygport package'. Did you read Cygwin's Package Contributor's Guide? https://cygwin.com/packaging-contributors-guide.html It's really not that complicated to do it right. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer