On Aug 8 13:45, Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] via cygwin wrote: > > I pushed your patch with a short commit message. > > Thanks! Thinking about that a little more, getpriority(PRIO_PROCESS) > returns the cached version of priority (since the last setpriority()) > but should return "live" version by re-getting and re-caching the > actual thing from the system: 1. The priority could have been changed > from the outside (it is a windows process, after all, and anybody can > use Task Manager, for example); 2. When pulling group or user > priorities from getpriority(), those things get returned from fresh > "winpids", which gets constructed on-the-fly and so "nice" gets > populated from the system; so the results can be, again, inconsistent > (e.g. if compared to getpriority() for the process alone, since it is > a cached one); 3. "/proc/PID/stat" always shows the live results (even > before my change, although it was showing the "wrong" value). > > Thoughts? Feel free to provide a patch, just, please, create a valid git commit message and send the stuff to cygwin-patches (unless the patch is really trivial). Thanks, Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer