On Dec 17 19:00, Achim Gratz wrote: > Corinna Vinschen writes: > > The following packages have been uploaded to the Cygwin distribution: > > > > * cygwin-3.1.0-1 > > * cygwin-devel-3.1.0-1 > > * cygwin-doc-3.1.0-1 > > > > There is some undesirable interaction when I try to start mintty from my > desktop shortcut. Mintty itself starts OK, but any Cygwin program that > mintty starts (whether a shell or something else) just goes into a > spinloop (Windows says it's mostly kernel time). Windows version? > Starting Cygwin > through a console works and I can then run mintty from there without any > problems. Funnily enough I can start strace inside mintty and it'll > fire up a console window to run a shell in OK as well. The hung mintty > often doesn't show up in the Cygwin processes when trying to find it > from a previously started shell. Closing mintty with the mouse does not > stop either the hung mintty nor the amok running process. Killing the > spinning process from Windows will also kill the hung mintty. > > Now, that only happens on one machine and only for my user account (I > have a seperate admin account that doesn't have the problem). One > difference is that my Cygwin home directory is in my user profile for my > normal account, but I haven't had time to investigate further. It would be great if you could nail this down to a specific aspect. Alternatively, a bisect might help. Corinna -- Corinna Vinschen Cygwin Maintainer