Hi Mark, Sometimes, putclip shows error "Unable to open the clipboard" when I run 'echo A | putclip'. I digged into this problem, and found OpenClipboard() sometimes fails with error ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED if it is called just after SetClipboardData() and CloseClipboard(). Currently, putclip calls OpenClipboard()/CloseClipboard() four times. Is there any reason why closing and reopening clipboard several times? Is there any problem if you open clipboard once and close it at the end of function int putclip() just like the patch attached? The problem above disappears if the patch is applied. -- Takashi Yano