On Sat, 25 Sep 2021 13:31:25 +0900 Takashi Yano wrote: > Hi Mark, > > Sometimes, putclip shows error > "Unable to open the clipboard" > when I run 'echo A | putclip'. > > I digged into this problem, and found OpenClipboard() sometimes > fails with error ERROR_ACCESS_DENIED if it is called just after > SetClipboardData() and CloseClipboard(). > > Currently, putclip calls OpenClipboard()/CloseClipboard() four > times. Is there any reason why closing and reopening clipboard > several times? > > Is there any problem if you open clipboard once and close it at > the end of function int putclip() just like the patch attached? > > The problem above disappears if the patch is applied. I noticed that putclip/getclip have another problem. These utils assume the charset is always UTF-8, however, cygwin supports locales which charset is not UTF-8 (such as CP932, EUC-JP, CP850, CP1251, etc.). Therefore, what abount using mbstowcs/wcstombs rather than MultiByteToWideChar/WideCharToMultiByte like the patch attached? -- Takashi Yano