I recently installed the w3m package. When I tried to display the help page by typing "H", I got only a blank page with this message in the status line: ≪ ↑ ↓ Viewing No Line I did some poking around, ran w3m with strace, and found that w3m runs the script /usr/libexec/w3m/cgi-bin/w3mhelp.cgi to generate its help page. When I ran that script alone, I got this message (on one line): Can't use 'defined(%hash)' (Maybe you should just omit the defined()?) at /usr/libexec/w3m/cgi-bin/w3mhelp.cgi line 51. I did that, as shown in this diff: $ diff w3mhelp.cgi.orig w3mhelp.cgi 51,53c51 < if (defined(%funcdesc)) { < $lang = $tlang; < } --- > $lang = $tlang; > Having done that, the "H" help function works fine. So, I have a workaround for the problem, but I'd really like a proper fix, and there may be other users with this problem. I also recently installed w3m onto my Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS system and the w3m help page displays fine there with no modification to that file. To see the problem: 1. At the bash prompt, execute $ w3m -v 2. Type H The package appears to be installed properly: $ cygcheck -c w3m Cygwin Package Information Package Version Status w3m 0.5.3-3 OK The output of "cygcheck -s -v -r", sanitized, is attached. Regards, Gary