On Sat, Mar 05, 2022 at 09:26:06AM +0300, lvm wrote: > The identical /etc/skel/.bashrc and /etc/defaults/etc/skel/.bashrc contain > the same line > > # export HISTCONTROL=$HISTCONTROL${HISTCONTROL+,}ignoredups > > But HISTCONTROL values should be colon separated, not comma separated. This > line is commented out, but if someone like me tries to use it without much > thinking... Confirmed. Achim, I've attached a patch that should fix this, based on the tip of https://sourceware.org/git/cygwin-apps/base-files.git HTH Adam