* Package request libinih & libinih-devel
       [not found] <827312549.3990743.1672921877783.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2023-01-05 12:31 ` miloskomarcevic
From: miloskomarcevic @ 2023-01-05 12:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Please package https://github.com/benhoyt/inih as it will be a new dependency for exiv2
Thanks, and best regards,
Milos & the Exiv2 team

* Re: Package request libinih & libinih-devel
@ 2023-01-05 13:49   ` Adam Dinwoodie
From: Adam Dinwoodie @ 2023-01-05 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 12:32, miloskomarcevic--- wrote:

> Please package https://github.com/benhoyt/inih as it will be a new dependency for exiv2
> Thanks, and best regards,
> Milos & the Exiv2 team

Hi Milos,

I've just attempted to package this for Cygwin.  Are you able to test
the packaging?  The below command, run from a Cygwin Bash shell and
assuming you have all the relevant dependencies already installed,
should install the test package.

    curl -L https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-inih/releases/download/v56-1/libinih-56-1.tar.xz | tar -xJC/

The test scripts seem to pass, but I'm not familiar with the library so
I'm not able to test it's actually usable as packaged.

If this works, I'm happy to submit this for packaging for Cygwin. If
not, it'll need someone with more time and energy; I can look after a
package that builds simply and straightforwardly, but I don't currently
have the bandwidth to look after something more complex.

Adam

* Re: Package request libinih & libinih-devel
@ 2023-01-06 11:09     ` Lemures Lemniscati
From: Lemures Lemniscati @ 2023-01-06 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 13:49:35 +0000, Adam Dinwoodie via Cygwin
> On Thu, 5 Jan 2023 at 12:32, miloskomarcevic--- wrote:
> >
> > Please package https://github.com/benhoyt/inih as it will be a new dependency for exiv2
> > Thanks, and best regards,
> > Milos & the Exiv2 team
>
> Hi Milos,
>
> I've just attempted to package this for Cygwin.  Are you able to test
> the packaging?  The below command, run from a Cygwin Bash shell and
> assuming you have all the relevant dependencies already installed,
> should install the test package.
>
>     curl -L https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-inih/releases/download/v56-1/libinih-56-1.tar.xz | tar -xJC/
>
> The test scripts seem to pass, but I'm not familiar with the library so
> I'm not able to test it's actually usable as packaged.
>
> If this works, I'm happy to submit this for packaging for Cygwin. If
> not, it'll need someone with more time and energy; I can look after a
> package that builds simply and straightforwardly, but I don't currently
> have the bandwidth to look after something more complex.
>
> Adam

Hi,

I've tried to build exiv2 from the upstream repository [1]
with Adam's libinih package.

Weirdly, this version [1] yields ./bin/cygexiv2-0.dll,
while the current version v0.27.5 [2] yields ./bin/cygexiv2-27.dll.

I guess this change is not intended, but I don't know how to fix it.

[1] https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/tree/842ef05ee60bff765c0402a211971aed53b728cc
[2] https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/tree/v0.27.5

Lem

* Re: Package request libinih & libinih-devel
@ 2023-01-07  1:05   ` Lemures Lemniscati
From: Lemures Lemniscati @ 2023-01-07  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 14:25:06 +0000 (UTC), Milos Komarcevic via Cygwin
> On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 at 11:09, Lemures Lemniscati wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've tried to build exiv2 from the upstream repository [1]
> > with Adam's libinih package.
>
> Thanks Lem for testing, I think this gives Adam the green light.
>
> Adam, indeed this is a very small library and I presume will not increase its overhead in the future. I guess it's up to you whether to split it into the runtime and -devel packages as usual... Thank you very much for volunteering to maintain this package!

Adam, I've made a pull-request [3] to do it, to add LICENSE variable, and
to rename source archive.

[3]: https://github.com/me-and/Cygwin-inih/pull/1

Regards,

Lem

* Re: Package request libinih & libinih-devel
       [not found] <1159210716.4656599.1673015106676.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2023-01-06 14:25 ` Milos Komarcevic
From: Milos Komarcevic @ 2023-01-06 14:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, 6 Jan 2023 at 11:09, Lemures Lemniscati wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tried to build exiv2 from the upstream repository [1]
> with Adam's libinih package.

Thanks Lem for testing, I think this gives Adam the green light.

Adam, indeed this is a very small library and I presume will not increase its overhead in the future. I guess it's up to you whether to split it into the runtime and -devel packages as usual... Thank you very much for volunteering to maintain this package!

> Weirdly, this version [1] yields ./bin/cygexiv2-0.dll,
> while the current version v0.27.5 [2] yields ./bin/cygexiv2-27.dll.
>
> I guess this change is not intended, but I don't know how to fix it.

Yeah, it's a known issue on the main branch coming from this line of code:

https://github.com/Exiv2/exiv2/blob/842ef05ee60bff765c0402a211971aed53b728cc/src/CMakeLists.txt#L168

and the fact that the main branch has an arbitrary version set to 1.0.0 for now...

It shouldn't be related to anything discussed here though.

Best regards,
Milos