(I tried to reply to this message twice and got mailer-daemon failure notices both times. My apologies if this is a duplicate message.) Yes, they are installed. which xwin xinit/usr/bin/xwin/usr/bin/xinit When I try to run inkscape, I don't get any errors and there were no messages about missing programs or dependencies when I ran the installer. I'm not trying to start a GUI. I have a script that I used to batch convert svg images in a folder to png. When that script wouldn't work (I've used it on other machines, including this one years ago using 32-bit cygwin instead of 64-bit that I'm using now) I started trying to invoke it from the command line, and that's when I discovered it's not doing anything. If I start Cygwin64 WindowMaker and type "inkscape" into the right-click run dialogue, I get a popup window, ErrorCould not execute command: inkscape Thanks! On Wednesday, November 22, 2023 at 01:45:39 AM EST, Brian Inglis wrote: On 2023-11-21 21:33, René Berber via Cygwin wrote:> On 11/21/2023 10:23 PM, J.F. Huesman via Cygwin wrote:>>> I installed inkscape 0.92.3-1 using the cygwin update program.Calling>> inkscape does nothing.> [snip]>> All graphical apps use Cygwin/X (or any X Windows). To check that Cygwin/X server is installed:     $ which xinit xwin    /usr/bin/xinit    /usr/bin/xwin if not then install xinit and that pulls in all the other machinery. Or you can display on a remote host X server using e.g.     $ DISPLAY=:0 inkscape ... & --Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis              Calgary, Alberta, Canada La perfection est atteinte                  Perfection is achievednon pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter  not when there is no more to addmais lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à retirer    but when there is no more to cut                                -- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry