* Install location
@ 1999-06-24  7:13 Tong Sun
From: Tong Sun @ 1999-06-24  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello cygwin users,

I  moved  the cygwin folder after the installation, because the string
...\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN  looks  rather  lengthy  and urgly. I
want everything in my PATH (and other env var) short.

But  after  that,  I  notice some of the tools can no longer run, like
which  and  file. They complained that the dll cygwin1 can't be found.
have you ever trying to move the cygwin folder after the installation?
I hope there is a solution other than re-install the cygwin... thanks

Best regards,

--      Tong SUN                ____________________________
  __________________________   ((__________     * Want to hear music
              ))     __________________)_)_)      from the heavens?
             ((                                 * Come to my site!
  http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/2659
  Smile to the World, then the World will smile back to you.

* Install location
@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` Tong Sun
From: Tong Sun @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[...]

* Re: Install location
@ 1999-06-30 22:10 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-06-30 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tong Sun, cygwin

--- Tong Sun <suntong@geocities.com> wrote:
> Hello cygwin users,

Hi Tong,

> I  moved  the cygwin folder after the installation, because the string
> ...\CYGNUS\CYGWIN~1\H-I586~1\BIN  looks  rather  lengthy  and urgly. I
> want everything in my PATH (and other env var) short.

Yep.  The next release has promised to have a better pathing convention.

> But  after  that,  I  notice some of the tools can no longer run, like
> which  and  file. They complained that the dll cygwin1 can't be found.
> have you ever trying to move the cygwin folder after the installation?
> I hope there is a solution other than re-install the cygwin... thanks

Your problem would be that the PATH variable must contain the path to the
cygwin1.dll.  Also, please have a look at the website listed in my sig.

As for your key binding problem, I've not seen this posted before.  Are you
using a .inputrc file?  If so, make sure that you use quotes properly for the
binding sequence.

Good Luck,
===
Earnie Boyd < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >

Newbies, please visit
< http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html >

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)

* Re: Install location
@ 1999-06-24  8:00 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-06-24  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tong Sun, cygwin