* RE: cvs server hangs on Win98SE
@ 2001-02-14  4:22 frank.palazzolo
From: frank.palazzolo @ 2001-02-14  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, cwilson

>However, if you'd like to track down the problem and provide a patch I'd
>be overjoyed. :-)

OK, I'll dig in deeper when I get some time.

Thanks for responding,
-Frank

* Re: cvs server hangs on Win98SE
@ 2001-02-13 19:17 ` Charles S. Wilson
From: Charles S. Wilson @ 2001-02-13 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: frank.palazzolo; +Cc: cygwin

frank.palazzolo@autodesk.com wrote:

> I am having a problem where the cvs server I am spawning from inetd is hanging after completing most network requests.  I am running Win98SE and I just grabbed a distro update yesterday.
>
> I read the threads about ssh-relating hangs, so renamed all ssh/scp related commands - but it still exhibits the same behavior.  I can ctrl-c out of my client process but it leaves a cvs server process hanging.
>
> Are there any known issues with a cvs server on cygwin that isn't using ssh?  Or did I miss something and it's still openssh...

I really don't know.  I guess there are, since you just reported one.
To tell you the truth, I'm not really interested in (or qualified to)
fix/debug the cvs-server issues; I'm just happy that cvs will work with
local and remote repositories.  cvs :pserver: is not really high on my
list.

However, if you'd like to track down the problem and provide a patch I'd
be overjoyed. :-)

--Chuck
cygwin cvs (volunteer) maintainer

* cvs server hangs on Win98SE
@ 2001-02-13  6:35 frank.palazzolo
From: frank.palazzolo @ 2001-02-13  6:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I am having a problem where the cvs server I am spawning from inetd is hanging after completing most network requests.  I am running Win98SE and I just grabbed a distro update yesterday.

I read the threads about ssh-relating hangs, so renamed all ssh/scp related commands - but it still exhibits the same behavior.  I can ctrl-c out of my client process but it leaves a cvs server process hanging.

Are there any known issues with a cvs server on cygwin that isn't using ssh?  Or did I miss something and it's still openssh...

Thanks,
Frank