Hi! starting cygwin setup-x86_64.exe with parameters: setup-x86_64.exe ^ --verbose ^ --delete-orphans ^ --local-package-dir "C:\WINDOWS\ccmcache\4r\installdata" ^ --no-desktop ^ --proxy "" ^ --root "C:\cygwin" ^ --upgrade-also ^ --quiet-mode ^ --wait It does not matter if "--quiet-mode" is given or not: in all cases cygwin setup opens a window showing setup progress and the real bad thing: allows the user on whom desktop the window is shown to stop the upgrade! I need a really unattended upgrade with some log written what setup had done. And is it a bug? As far as I could find "--quiet-mode" means no window, no messages at all - am I wrong and all those interpreting it the same way? -- Thomas