* Creating an installation package
@ 2010-10-13 12:17 Brandon Chase
From: Brandon Chase @ 2010-10-13 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

 I'm trying to create an installation package for an update m68k toolchain (will

not be uploaded to the Cygwin server). I have the tars of binutils, newlib, and
gcc as well as some patches. What is the best way to create an installation
package for these three? I've looked on http://www.cygwin.com but it seems like
I may only need a setup.ini file to install the packages. What is the best way
to start?

* R: Creating an installation package
@ 2010-10-13 13:26 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2010-10-13 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--- Mer 13/10/10, Brandon Chase  ha scritto:

>  I'm trying to create an installation package for an update
> m68k toolchain (will
>
> not be uploaded to the Cygwin server). I have the tars of
> binutils, newlib, and
> gcc as well as some patches. What is the best way to create
> an installation
> package for these three? I've looked on http://www.cygwin.com but it seems like
> I may only need a setup.ini file to install the packages.
> What is the best way
> to start?

setup.exe use setup.ini to recognize the several packages
available on site
see
http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html

setup.ini is built by genini from the available setup.hint's
for every package.

http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/genini/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps

When you have everything in place you can use

setup.exe -X  -O -s http://your_site_name

to install the package from your site.

Regards
Marco

* Re: Creating an installation package
@ 2010-10-13 16:52 ` Marco Atzeri
From: Marco Atzeri @ 2010-10-13 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

--- Mer 13/10/10, Brandon Chase ha scritto:

> >  I'm trying to create an installation package for
> an update
> > m68k toolchain (will
> >
> > not be uploaded to the Cygwin server). I have the tars
> of
> > binutils, newlib, and
> > gcc as well as some patches. What is the best way to
> create
> > an installation
> > package for these three? I've looked on http://www.cygwin.com but it seems like
> >
> > I may only need a setup.ini file to install the
> packages.
> > What is the best way
> > to start?
> >
> ------------Marco Atzeri writes:--------------------------
> >>setup.exe use setup.ini to recognize the several
> packages
> >>available on site
> >>see http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html
> >>
> >>setup.ini is built by genini from the available
> setup.hint's
> >>for every package.
> >>
> >>http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/genini/?cvsroot=cygwin-apps
> >>
> >>When you have everything in place you can use
> >>
> >>setup.exe -X  -O -s http://your_site_name
> >>
> >>to install the package from your site.
> >>
> >>Regards
> >>Marco
>

> Is there any way to do it without creating a server (i.e.
> apache) to run CVS on?
> This package will not be widely distributed
>

> Thanks

setup can install from a remote HTTP server or from
a local directory.
CVS is not involved at all.

@ 2010-10-13 16:30 Brandon Chase
From: Brandon Chase @ 2010-10-13 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)