On 5/5/20 9:05 AM, Rainer Emrich wrote: > Hi Corinna, > > Am 05.05.2020 um 10:54 schrieb Corinna Vinschen: >> Therefore it might be a good idea to bump the default for these >> Cygwin-related headers to at least 0x0600. >> >> Setting them to 0x0602 sounds like a good idea, but as long as we didn't >> drop Vista or W7 support it might be premature. >> >> Btw., checking Cygwin sources for Vista and W7-specific code, it turned >> out that actually very few lines of code handle Vista or W7-specific >> workarounds. The advantage of removing the code is pretty minor, so I >> didn't push the changes. While it's a bad idea to keep Vista and W7 >> running (at least attached to the internet), we can support them a while >> longer. > I would expect support for Windows 7 as long as the Micsrosoft ESU > program is active. > By right, applications needing newer APIs should be setting them instead of relying on the defaults. In this case, Cygwin compiled with -D_WIN32_WINNT=0x602 if needed.