From: Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@SystematicSw.ab.ca>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Cygwin 2.6.0 Fork issue
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2016 07:17:00 -0000	[thread overview]

On 2016-12-07 22:37, Rashi Singhal wrote:
> I am using cygwin 2.6.0 (32 bit) version with Actian Pervasive
> version 12.
> We have a program which will call fork() and in child process
> Btrieve file is getting opened.
> While using latest version of cygwin, file open call is not working
> Its not opening file nor displaying any error.
> Could you please help me on this .

With some information to go on, someone on the list may be able to
help you.

Please read the contents of the web page at the link below and
follow the instructions:

Attach the text from cygcheck -svr, a Simple Test Case minimal source
program, which when run demonstrates the problem, and the output from
that test run, and/or the log from a gdb session, and/or the output
from strace, running the Simple Test Case minimal source program,
demonstrating the problem.

As the problem is a file open, you may also want to add the output
from running ls -l, stat, getfacl, and icacls on the file, as file
open problems often result from permissions issues, so it is also
important to run cygcheck, tests, and file info using the same
environment and credentials as when the problem occurs.