* Why are screen updates so slow?
@ 1997-10-15  7:51 David A. Rogers
From: David A. Rogers @ 1997-10-15  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I just got usertools.exe from /latest.  It's slooooooow.  I hunted around
the net and found a recommendation for setting term= and termcap.  It
wasn't much of an improvement.  I understand that the code is compiled with
debug on.  Even so, it doesn't seem right that a simple ls command should
list so slowly.  Is it something I can tweak or is it inevitable?

BTW
Pentium 166
48M ram

Regards,
David

-

only message in thread, other threads:[~1997-10-15  7:51 UTC | newest]