* Ported: Internet JunkBuster 2.0
@ 1997-10-19  9:35 Joshua O'Keefe
From: Joshua O'Keefe @ 1997-10-19  9:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi, folks!

I didn't see this in the list of ports, so I spent a little while yesterday
porting this excellent filtering proxy server.  I know the source is supposed
to compile under Win32, but that assumes you:

(a) want pure Win32, and
(b) have a Big Bad Microsoft Compiler

Neither of those applied to me, so I ported it.  The patch (and binaries)
are available at my *very* *rickety* site: http://jqo.dyndns.com/ijb/ which
is a dialup connection and is down every once in a while.  The patch is
brutal -- I commented out headers rather than adding nice clean #ifdefs.  I
was in a hurry.

What is Internet JunkBuster? It's a freely available ad-filtering proxy.
Take a look at http://internet.junkbusters.com/ for more information.

I don't subscribe to the list (I monitor the archive, though) so please Cc:
me anything you have to say.
--
 majick@jqo.dyndns.com

-

* Ported: Internet Junkbuster 2.0
@ 1997-11-12 13:13 Majick
From: Majick @ 1997-11-12 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I announced this port a few weeks ago, and my site (containing the patches)
promptly went down.  =)

I've ported the ijb proxy ( http://internet.junkbusters.com/ for more info)
to CygWin32 with a few patches -- essentially commenting out anything the
compiler complained about.  It's a brutal, ugly patch, but it does work.

Since I saw the "ported software" page was updated (with my successful "port"
of ncftp) I thought I'd remind everyone of this port as well (and hopefully
get it listed as well).

Binaries, patch, and miscellany are at http://jqo.dyndns.com/ijb/

The site's still a bit wobbly at the moment but feel free to come get
patches and such.

There's also Win32 source for this software, but it requires a Microsoft
compiler.  I've put binaries together and should have them there as well.

FWIW, I think this is a damn fine proxy.  JunkBusters has really gone all-
out to make a top flight product.  I run it at home as well as in the proxy
chain at work, and it's been really solid.  Highly reccomended software.

--
 majick@jqo.dyndns.com
-