* patched CVS source code
@ 1997-10-27  9:52 Derek Young
From: Derek Young @ 1997-10-27  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello,

I am looking for a patched version of the CVS source code.  In the
mailing list archive, I found a set of patches that allowed CVS 1.9 to
be compiled by B17.1 of the Cygnus GNU win32 tools
( http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Feb/0631.html ).  I believe the
archive stripped out spaces from the patches, making them unusable.
Does anyone have a patched copy of the source code that they could send
me or send me a pointer to?  I don't need a binary version - I've found
that elsewhere on the net.  I would like the source so I can attempt to
port the server part of CVS to NT.  If I am successful at this, I will
post the changes.

Also, if anyone knows of the source for CVS that runs in server mode on
NT (even for a different compiler) I am interested in that as well.

thank you,

Derek Young
dyoung@biddersedge.com

-

* Re: patched CVS source code
@ 1997-10-28  0:43 ` Andy Piper
From: Andy Piper @ 1997-10-28  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Derek Young; +Cc: gnu-win32

At 12:51 27/10/97 -0500, Derek Young wrote:
>I am looking for a patched version of the CVS source code.  In the
>mailing list archive, I found a set of patches that allowed CVS 1.9 to
>be compiled by B17.1 of the Cygnus GNU win32 tools
>( http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32/1997-Feb/0631.html ).  I believe the
>archive stripped out spaces from the patches, making them unusable.
>Does anyone have a patched copy of the source code that they could send
>me or send me a pointer to?  I don't need a binary version - I've found
>that elsewhere on the net.  I would like the source so I can attempt to
>port the server part of CVS to NT.  If I am successful at this, I will
>post the changes.
>
>Also, if anyone knows of the source for CVS that runs in server mode on
>NT (even for a different compiler) I am interested in that as well.

I believe it should build without patches if you use b18 and sergey's
latest patched cygwin.dll. I tried building it a while ago but was missing
socketpair(). Sergey has now implemented this so there is no reason why it
should not work straight off.

andy
   ___                ____         	Dr Andy Piper
  / _ \___ ________ _/ / Solutions_	(require 'disclaimer)
 / ___/ _ `/ __/ _ `/ / / _ `/\ \ /	andyp@parallax.co.uk
/_/   \_,_/_/  \_,_/_/_/\_,_//_\_\ 	boot /vmemacs

-

* Re: patched CVS source code
       [not found] <199710301116.LAA07017@autosim.demon.co.uk>
@ 1997-10-30 13:40 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 1997-10-30 13:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andrew Pollard; +Cc: gnu-win32

Andrew Pollard wrote:
> With the precompiled NT CVS binaries we have at work, we found that
> when you set the CVSROOT variable, you have to use 'server' and not
> 'ext' to not use the rsh from NT (which cannot handle the newlines
> properly). This is mentioned in the CVS documentation somewhere....

Thanks to Andrew's suggestion, I have isolated my problem with CVS
client mode to NT's rsh performing NL to CRNL translation.  This caused
the following error message:

    ' from cvs serverning: unrecognized response `ok

which is really:

    ...           warning: unrecognized response `ok' from cvs server

due to a CR.

I attempted to build rsh with gnu-win32, but it was harder than I
expected (ie, too many compiler problems to track down).

Does anyone have a binary version of rsh built with gnu-win32 b18?
I would like to test it with my build of CVS to see if it enables
CVS client mode to function properly.

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler                        Phone: +1 (212) 989-4455 ext. 2120
Box Hill Systems Corporation         Fax:   +1 (212) 989-6817

* Re: patched CVS source code
@ 1997-10-28 18:40 David Foulds
From: David Foulds @ 1997-10-28 18:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: derek, gnu-win32

Make sure you are using the most up-to-date cvs source,
last I saw it was 1.9.16 on www.cyclic.com.  It supports
NT client out of the box, I can't remember whether it
supports server or not.

Cheers, David

@ 1997-10-28 13:37 ` Jason Tishler
From: Jason Tishler @ 1997-10-28 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sergey Okhapkin; +Cc: gnu-win32

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:
> Derek Young wrote:
> > that elsewhere on the net.  I would like the source so I can attempt to
> > port the server part of CVS to NT.  If I am successful at this, I will
> > post the changes.
>
> No patch required. Run configure, edit config.cache to force connect
> function considered to be found, and run configure again. Make; make
> install as usual.

Following Sergey's instructions (and using Sergey's latest DLL), I was
able to build a gnu-win32 version of CVS that functions properly with
local file system access.  Unfortunately, client access to a remote
repository (on a UNIX machine) failed (and hung) with the following
error message:

    ' from cvs serverning: unrecognized response `ok

Since client mode did not work, I did not go down the CVS server path.

Has anyone been successful building a working client/server version of
CVS with b18 and Sergey's DLL?

Thanks,
Jason

--

@ 1997-10-27 23:41 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1997-10-27 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Derek Young'

Derek Young wrote:
> that elsewhere on the net.  I would like the source so I can attempt to
> port the server part of CVS to NT.  If I am successful at this, I will
> post the changes.

No patch required. Run configure, edit config.cache to force connect
function considered to be found, and run configure again. Make; make
install as usual.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia