* Re: shell with scroll bar
@ 1997-09-16  9:15 Paul Kinnucan
From: Paul Kinnucan @ 1997-09-16  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence, gnu-win32

At 04:30 PM 9/16/97 +1000, Lawrence wrote:
>is there any shell with the scroll bar?
>running bash/tcsh only gives a DOS-like box.
>-

That's why I like to run bash within Emacs.

- Paul
-

* Re: shell with scroll bar
@ 1997-09-17  6:03   ` Lawrence
From: Lawrence @ 1997-09-17  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arlindo da Silva; +Cc: gnu-win32

did that and tried to run rxvt but win95 complaint cannot run it because
it is an invalid format.

Arlindo da Silva wrote:

> > is there any shell with the scroll bar?
> > running bash/tcsh only gives a DOS-like box.
>
> I know what you mean. The only way I know of is by using Sergey's rxvt
> which has the look and feel of xterm. For running it you need:
>
>    - remote.tar.gz from Sergey's site: http://www.lexa.ru/sos
>
>    - X11R6.3 DLL's. You can either install the whole NT X11R6.3 libraries
>      if you intend to be developing local X11 clients:
>
>          ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/X11R6.3/README
>
>      If you just want to run rxvt, get all the DLL's from
>
>          ftp://niteroi.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/win32/X11R6.3/X11R6.3/bin
>
>      and put them somewhere in your path.
>
>    - Get yourself an X server (see README file above), and
>      set DISPLAY=localhost:0.0
>
>           Good Luck,
>
>                 Arlindo.
>
> --
>
>    *-----------------------------------------------------------------*
>    |                                                                 |
>    |             ^|^                     ARLINDO DA SILVA            |
>    |              |                     212 Lexington Drive          |
>    |             _|_                  Silver Spring, MD 20901        |
>    |      @  ___|___|__                                              |
>    |     _|_|__________|_______/     mailto:dasilva@alum.mit.edu     |
>    |    \  o o o o o o o  /                                          |
>    |     \_______________/             Home: (301) 754-1121          |
>    |  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^          FAX: (301) 805-7960          |
>    |                                                                 |

* Re: shell with scroll bar
@ 1997-09-16 18:55 ` Arlindo da Silva
From: Arlindo da Silva @ 1997-09-16 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lawrence; +Cc: gnu-win32

@ 1997-09-16 16:46 Michael Czapski
From: Michael Czapski @ 1997-09-16 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Lawrence', 'gnu-win32@cygnus.com'

Hi,

right-click the icon at the left of the title bar, choose 'properties',
'layout' tab, adjust 'screen buffer size - Height' to your hearts content.
 Ant 'screen buffer size - height' in excess of 'window size - height' will
give you a vertical scroll bar.  click OK, select whatever is appropriate
in the resulting dialog box.

Bear in mind that this will mess up the less's and man's notion of your
window size :-)

Cheers ...
--
Michael Czapski
MCzapski@stc.com

On Tuesday, September 16, 1997 4:31 PM, Lawrence
[SMTP:ychim@forevermail.com] wrote:
> is there any shell with the scroll bar?
> running bash/tcsh only gives a DOS-like box.
> -

-

* RE: shell with scroll bar
@ 1997-09-16 13:26 Stephan Mueller
From: Stephan Mueller @ 1997-09-16 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Paul Kinnucan', Lawrence, gnu-win32

The scroll bar is typically handled by the console handler, not the
shell itself.
One solution: get Windows NT.   Play with the properties of your shell
window.  Check out the layout tab.

stephan();

-

* shell with scroll bar