* RE: gpm mouse behavior under NT?
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 Bernard Dautrevaux
From: Bernard Dautrevaux @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'W. Steven Conner', gnu-win32

From console applications, you have to go in the title bar, right click,
and select edit/copy... That's a limitation of the console support code;
perhaps CygWin could extend this, but I'm not sure...

Regards,
			Bernard

------
Bernard Dautrevaux
Microprocess Ingéniérie
97 bis, rue de Colombes
92400 COURBEVOIE
FRANCE
Tel:	+33 (0) 1 47 68 80 80
Fax:	+33 (0) 1 47 88 97 85
e-mail:	dautrevaux@microprocess.com
	b.dautrevaux@usa.net

* RE: gpm mouse behavior under NT?
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernard Dautrevaux, 'W. Steven Conner', gnu-win32

At 12:44 PM 1/6/99 +0100, Bernard Dautrevaux wrote:
> [...]

Not for NT.  Under "Properties/Options" of the system menu you can set
"QuickEdit Mode" which allows cut and paste with simple mouse clicks (no
menuing).  This isn't and option on 9x though...

RFK Partners, Inc.                      (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                          (781) 239-1655 - FAX
Wellesley, MA  02482-7797               http://www.rfk.com
-

* Re: gpm mouse behavior under NT?
@ 1999-01-31 23:52   ` Gennady Feldman
From: Gennady Feldman @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Corinna Vinschen; +Cc: W. Steven Conner, gnu-win32

Hello Everybody.

 Actually on Win95 if you want to get Copying/Pasting to work you:
    1) go to Properties
    2) select Misc tab.
    3) Uncheck Fast Pasting!!! <- this is important, Fast Pasting doesn't work
with CygWin
    4) Check QuickEdit.

G.F.

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> W. Steven Conner wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible to copy and paste text via the mouse buttons in Windows NT
> > (as is possible under X-Windows and/or by using gpm under linux)?
>
> Yes!
>
> - Open the properties dialog of the console window.
> - The `options` contain a toggle button, named `Quick edit mode'.
>   It must be ON.
> - Save the properties.
>
> Now you are able to use left mouse to mark. Try it. The marking mechanism
> works in another way as with gpm and many other apps (sigh!).
> If sth. is marked, pressing the right mouse button is same as `copy'.
> If nothing is marked, pressing right mouse button is same as `paste'.
>
> Important hint: While sth. is marked, every keypress only beeps! Fortunately,
> the console window headline contains a word as 'Choose'. I'm not sure,
> because I only know the german OS, which shows the word 'Auswählen'. Pressing
> a mouse button without moving the mouse leaves the marking mode.
>
> Hope, this helps,
> Corinna
>
> -

-

* gpm mouse behavior under NT?
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 W. Steven Conner
From: W. Steven Conner @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32; +Cc: W. Steven Conner

Is it possible to copy and paste text via the mouse buttons in Windows NT
(as is possible under X-Windows and/or by using gpm under linux)?

Thanks,

Steve Conner
conner@ece.arizona.edu

-