* Re: AW: libxml2.dll, libxslt.dll, problems with executables linked to dll's
@ 2001-11-11  8:26   ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ralf Habacker; +Cc: cygwin

Hallo Ralf,

2001-11-14 17:34:39, du schriebst:

> Hi,
> Do you have tried the already available win32 binaries at
> http://www.fh-frankfurt.de/~igor/projects/libxml/ ?

> I have downloaded it, copied the dlls into /usr/local/bin and made a chown a+w
> /usr/local/bin/*.dll and called testDocbook. It worked.

Sorry to reply twice, but I wondered why I never heard of this site, now I know,
there you get win32 binaries, I built them as 'native' Cygwin versions.
That is a great difference!
Cygwin != Windows

If I want to have them for Windows, I would be able to run my MSVC and build it,
the Windows builds are supported by xmlsoft, there are project files included in
the source dist, Cygwin is not supported...

Don't mix up the platforms, that is *bad*.

Gerrit
--
convey Information Systems GmbH                   http://www.convey.de/
                                                  Vitalisstraße 326-328

From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hallo Cygwinners,

I have build libxml2 with a shared lib at my homebox.
I copied it to my officebox, now after unpacking, the included
testprograms don't work.  As I tested at home, there were no
problems starting the testprogram, now I get an error from Windows
stating:
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022).
Click OK to terminate the application."

Now I found with google:
"The code 0xC0000022 indicates "access denied." This error generally
occurs after applying a hotfix. See Q307012 to fix."

I never applied a hotfix, other applications work fine, I rebuilt this
dll at the local box, the same error, so what the hell is going on here?

I have this permissions:
-rwxrwxrwx    1 Gerrit   Administ     9216 Nov 12 09:19 testDocbook.exe
-rwxr-xr-x    1 Gerrit   Administ  1744678 Nov 14 01:33 ../../bin/cygxml2-2.dll

Hmmm, I am the owner, I am Administrator... I have an 'x' everywhere?

Lets look at the other dll's:
$  cygcheck ./testDocbook.exe
./testDocbook.exe
  C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\cygxml2-2.dll
    C:\cygwin\usr\local\bin\cygiconv-2.dll
      C:\cygwin\bin\cygwin1.dll
        C:\WINNT\System32\KERNEL32.dll
          C:\WINNT\System32\ntdll.dll
    C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll

Use -h to see help about each section

iconv?

-rw-r--r--    1 Gerrit   Administ   889789 Jul 23 10:22 ../../bin/cygiconv-2.dll

Yep thats it, wow, me glad again;)

If someone is interested, libxml-1.8.16, libxml2-2.4.10 are up to be fetched,
libxslt-1.0.7 will follow this afternoon, all with shared libs.
http://timtowtdi.multimania.com/cygwin/xml/

Sorry, there are only the standard source packages, no patches, but I changed
nothing relevant, parts of the docu, and two minimal changes in configure.in
and the Makefile.am's to convince libtool to build shared libs, I regenerated
configure and Makefile.in's that was the main part.  There are some problems
now which cannot be patched, the generated Makefiles after configuring have
errors, so are the libs not included at the linkline of libxslt and I don't
know why, I did it manually during build process and some other minor issues.
With a little investigation, everything builds.
However, the easier way is to load down the binary packages;)

They depend on a shared libiconv which I get from Ch. Wilsons site,
(!!!but he will not support this package, and I will not support libiconv too!!!):
ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/pc/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Wilson_Charles_S/robert-collins/other/

and be aware, the permissions of cygiconv-2.dll need to be changed!

Gerrit

From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hallo Ralf,

2001-11-14 17:16:34, du schriebst:

> Hi,
> Do you have tried the already available win32 binaries at
> http://www.fh-frankfurt.de/~igor/projects/libxml/ ?

No, I build them myself;)

> I have downloaded it, copied the dlls into /usr/local/bin and made a chown a+w
> /usr/local/bin/*.dll and called testDocbook. It worked.

After correcting the permissions it works for me too now.

>> If someone is interested, libxml-1.8.16, libxml2-2.4.10 are up to be fetched,
>> libxslt-1.0.7 will follow this afternoon, all with shared libs.
>> http://timtowtdi.multimania.com/cygwin/xml/

Unfortunately, the host there in France kicked me out, all my packages are deleted;(
Too much traffic, I suggest.  They offer 100 MB Accounts and I've upped about 50 MB,
under them mysql and the xml stuff, this morning I loaded down to check the last
packages, now it is a dead account.  This sucks...

Where do I get an account where one is not kicked out after 1 gig Traffic in a month?
(And where I get 100 MB storage?)

Gerrit
--

@ 2001-11-11  8:26 ` Ralf Habacker
From: Ralf Habacker @ 2001-11-11  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin

Hi,
Do you have tried the already available win32 binaries at
http://www.fh-frankfurt.de/~igor/projects/libxml/ ?

I have downloaded it, copied the dlls into /usr/local/bin and made a chown a+w
/usr/local/bin/*.dll and called testDocbook. It worked.

If I remember right is dlltool able to generate import libraries from dll's like
done for the w32api import libraries.
Because of libxml2 and libxslt are c libraries, the only thing to use them with
cygwin is generating import libraries

Regards
Ralf