* how about providing Sniff+ support out of Cygwin (thus elliminati ng need of MKS use) ?
@ 2004-07-30 15:45 Povolotsky, Alexander
From: Povolotsky, Alexander @ 2004-07-30 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com'

>We really don't want to go down the road of trying to figure out how to
>integrate a competing product's shell with cygwin.

Then - how about providing Sniff+ support out of Cygwin (thus elliminating
need of MKS use) ?

From: Christopher Faylor @ 2004-07-30 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 11:35:05AM -0400, Povolotsky, Alexander wrote:
>>We really don't want to go down the road of trying to figure out how to
>>integrate a competing product's shell with cygwin.
>
>Then - how about providing Sniff+ support out of Cygwin (thus
>eliminating the need for MKS) ?

I am not familiar with Sniff+.  I assume it's a free software
application or you wouldn't be suggesting this.  I think you should
surely go for it if you need this functionality.  You don't need
anyone's permission to add a package to the distribution:
http://cygwin.com/setup.html .

cgf