Earlier today I reported on the cygwin-patches list a fork problem with a cygwin1.dll built from the master branch of the Cygwin source repo. See https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2019-q2/msg00155.html. A bisection showed that commit f03ea8e1 was the first bad commit for the problem being discussed there. I've just run into a second fork problem for which I think the same commit is the first bad one. I can't be positive, because the problem is sporadic, so I might have marked some bad commits as good if I didn't run the test enough times. The test case for this (attached) is one that I used when testing my new FIFO code. Normally I run this program in one terminal and type echo blah > /tmp/myfifo in a second terminal. For the present purposes, however, you can skip the second part and simply terminate fifo_fork_test with C-c. In my testing, I found that running the test program would yield "read: Bad address" about 1 out of 10 times. Occasionally I would get "read: Communication error on send" instead. Both error messages indicate a problem with the child process reading from an fd inherited from the parent. Ken