* RE: [krk@cygnus.com: [Fwd: Cygnus And Windows 2000 ?]]
@ 2000-08-23  9:11 Aaron Wood
From: Aaron Wood @ 2000-08-23  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Chris Faylor', cygwin; +Cc: 'philippe.gerard@inria.fr'

Chris,

This is too vague of a question to answer.  Is he using Server or
Professional?  If he's using server is it a Domain controller?  Is it a
Terminal Server.  If it's a terminal server, is the TS in Application mode
or in Remote Administration mode.  Is this the French version of Win2k?  The
US? The U.K. version?

More information is needed...especially how this program was installed.

I just installed the latest version from a Terminal Server Client (a major
no-no when installing programs) on a standard (US) WIN2K Server in Remote
Administration mode and it works great!  I installed the program from...

http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe

Cheers!

Aaron Wood
Systems Engineer
Safeharbor.com
http://www.safeharbor.com

From: Kim Knuttila <krk@cygnus.com>
To: cgf@cygnus.com
Subject: [Fwd: Cygnus And Windows 2000 ?]
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 06:44:04 -0700

FYI.

From: Neil Lunn @ 2000-08-23 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: philippe.gerard

>More information is needed...especially how this program was installed.

Agreed, I've only ever seem this with the old install (non-GUI). Everyone
should be using the new install now. I haven't checked, but is the old setup
still on the ftp site?

Neil

* RE: [krk@cygnus.com: [Fwd: Cygnus And Windows 2000 ?]]
@ 2000-08-23 14:17 Heribert Dahms
From: Heribert Dahms @ 2000-08-23 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin; +Cc: 'philippe.gerard@inria.fr'

Hi Philippe,

if this icon is pointing to cygwin.bat, try inserting a "pause".

Bye, Heribert (heribert_dahms@icon-gmbh.de)

@ 2000-08-23  8:03 Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 2000-08-23  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin