* gdbm
@ 1997-07-29 22:40 Padmakar Vishnubhatt
From: Padmakar Vishnubhatt @ 1997-07-29 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Is gdbm a part of win32? If not, I'd like to port this to win32. Could
you point me to the sources for gdbm?

Thanks

--
Padmakar (Paddy) Vishnubhatt
mailto:padnmakar.vishnubhatt@eng.sun.com

ps:Is gdbm already a part of the win32 build or do I need to do
something? If this has to be integrated with the win32, I can offer my
services to build gdbm on win32 and make it available as a part of win32
project.
-

* Re: gdbm
@ 1997-08-03 19:19 ` Stefan Hornburg
From: Stefan Hornburg @ 1997-08-03 19:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Padmakar Vishnubhatt; +Cc: gnu-win32

Padmakar Vishnubhatt <padmakar@eng.sun.com> writes:

> Is gdbm a part of win32? If not, I'd like to port this to win32. Could
> you point me to the sources for gdbm?

gdbm is short for GNU Dbm. You get it at the GNU mirrors around the
world - or grab it from http://www.delorie.com/gnu/ .

--
This site is powered by Linux 2.0.29 and his friends
GNU CC 2.7.2, C Library 5.4.23, C++ Library 2.7.2.1, Binutils 2.8.1.0.1.

* GDBM
@ 1997-11-28  7:59 David Elworthy
From: David Elworthy @ 1997-11-28  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

A little while ago there was a discussion on getting gdbm to work with
gnuwin32. If you do it blindly, you get fatal read errors, and the
proposed cure was to mount the filesystem with the gdbm database file on
it as binary using mount -b.

A simpler solution is this: edit gdbmopen.c, and in every open call, add
"|O_BINARY" to the second parameter, so you get things like
dbf->desc = open(dbf->name, O_RDONLY|O_BINARY, 0);
There's about 4 places you need to make the change. After doing this, it
should work no matter how the file system was mounted. I've only tried
this on a couple of small examples, but it seemed to work OK.

-- David Elworthy

* Re: GDBM
@ 1997-10-08 14:47 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-08 14:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

>From: dwayne.nielsen@langeninc.com
>Date: Tue, 07 Oct 97 11:44:37 -0500
>To: <gnu-win32@cygnus.com>
>Subject: GDBM
>

>Has there been any success using gdbm on both NT and SunOS using the
>same data file.  I compiled gdbm on NT and on Sun.  When I create a
>database on Sun and then use it on NT I get the following error:
>
>gdbm fatal: read error.
>
>Any help/suggestions.

gdbm needs the file system mounted in binary mode.  To do this you use
"mount -b".  For more help on text=binary vs. text!=binary see the mail
archives for September at http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32 .

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

PS: I had sent this to Dwayne but his mailer thought that it was from a
spammer.

* Re: GDBM
@ 1997-10-08  2:57 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-10-08  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dwayne.nielsen; +Cc: gnu-win32

@ 1997-10-07 11:20 dwayne.nielsen
From: dwayne.nielsen @ 1997-10-07 11:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Has there been any success using gdbm on both NT and SunOS using the
same data file.  I compiled gdbm on NT and on Sun.  When I create a
database on Sun and then use it on NT I get the following error:

gdbm fatal: read error.

Any help/suggestions.

| Dwayne Nielsen       |                                   |
| Langen Packaging Inc.|    __                             |
| 6154 Kestrel Road    |   / /  ___ _ ___  _____ __ ____   |
| Mississauga, ON      |  / /__/ _ `/ __ \/ _  / -_) __ \  |
| Canada L5T 1Z2       | /____/\_,_/_/ /_/__  /\__/_/ /_/  |
| 905-670-7200 (x2051) |                  /__/             |
| 905-670-5291 (fax)   |                                   |
|______________________|___________________________________|

-

* GDBM
@ 1997-04-30 16:32 Justin B. Harvey
From: Justin B. Harvey @ 1997-04-30 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Compiled gdbm 1.7.3 under NT and the latest cygwin32.  It compiles just
fine but I run all the test progams and they exit with a fatal error, gdb
reports:

Program exited with code 0377777777777

I linked in the gdbm library to a program that needs the dbm routines and
it dies too...suggestions?

-