* OpenNT question again
@ 1997-08-17  2:19 Peter Yeh
From: Peter Yeh @ 1997-08-17  2:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

Last month, I asked about the comparison between OpenNT by Softway and
GNU-Win32 and thank you  I received many useful replies.  Right now, I
would like to ask those of you have OpenNT to help me once more.  Softway
has post their version of GCC on their web page. It seems that it is
related to Cygnus.  According to their web page, you don't need MSVC any
more to compile programs.  Thus, I hope some of you are kind enough to
install the package and do a honest comparison between OpenNT with GCC and
GNU-Win32.  My main considerations are compatibility/portability (from
Unix programs) and performance (compilation and execution).  Thank you in
advance for your help.

--Peter

-

* Re: OpenNT question again
@ 1997-08-19 20:07 ` Jason Zions
From: Jason Zions @ 1997-08-19 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

The alpha-test version of gcc available on Softway's web site is indeed
a port of the FSF's gcc; I don't know if that's what you mean by
"related to Cygnus".

Once we get the last of the bugs out, the diffs to the source will be
made available in accordance with the GPL; no sense in doing it yet,
since we're still cleaning nits.

Jason Zions
Softway Systems

-