* UWIN
@ 1997-08-31 13:43 John Ellson
From: John Ellson @ 1997-08-31 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I was surpised not to see a reference from the gnu-win32 home page
to the UWIN effort by David Korn at AT&T Research.  There seems to be
a lot of overlap in the two projects.  Ref:

	http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/uwin/

John Ellson
Lucent Technologies (no longer a part of AT&T)
-

* Re: UWIN
@ 1997-09-01 18:24 ` Ron G. Minnich
From: Ron G. Minnich @ 1997-09-01 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Ellson; +Cc: gnu-win32

yes but one point of non-overlap: att is very clear and uncompromising on
the issue: no one can ever see uwin source outside of att.

ron

Ron Minnich                |Java: an operating-system-independent,
rminnich@sarnoff.com       |architecture-independent programming language
(609)-734-3120             |for Windows/95 and Windows/NT on the Pentium
ftp://ftp.sarnoff.com/pub/mnfs/www/docs/cluster.html

-

* Re: UWIN
@ 2001-04-03  9:10 ` Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 2001-04-03  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert McNulty Junior wrote:

> I'm downloading UWIN.
> I am still developing in Cygwin, in fact, later on today, I am going to CVS
> the repository.
> Right now, my Cygwin system is using 1.9 prerelease, based on Thursday CVS
> repository.
> I am going to try something with UWIN and Visual C++ 6. I am, at the moment,
> using Cygwin, Uwin, and Visual C++ on a Win 98 system using an old Pentium
> processor. With this old processor, I have a CD RW drive, which i use on the
> Cygwin archive,
> Wish me luck.
> Ciao for now,

And how does this relate to my using Cygwin?  This is a Cygwin list for
asking Cygwin questions or providing Cygwin relative information.  It
isn't a list for sharing what you're doing with your everyday life.
Please consider others precious time before sending nonsensical mail.

Earnie.

* UWIN
@ 2001-04-03  5:58 Robert McNulty Junior