if you haven't done this yet stop, remount all filesystems -b and then reinstall from cdk.exe and user.exe the shell scripts/headers/sources would only have cr\lf if you were mounted without -b to start with or if you used winzip to install. attached is a utility to convert all the files in a dir to \n from \r\n and vica/versa after building put in path and do ln -s dtou.exe utod to convert \r\n to \n do dtou * (under bash) to convert \n to \r\n do utod * (under bash) no checking is done for utod so if you use it on the same file multiple times you will get \r\r\r\r\r\n. to recursively fix all files in a tree use dtoutree WARNING no check for binary files, this is meant for source trees and include trees only On Tue, 9 Sep 1997 12:21:47 -0400, you wrote: >To all, > >Thank you for the responses. > >I have resigned myself to the long and arduous task of using Borland's >FCONVERT.EXE to convert all of my configuration scripts from ANSI to OEM >format (strip out ). For the number of files I have, this appears >to be a long task. > >This closes out one problem, but makes me wonder, why do the GNU scripts >from the .tar.gz files at the main ftp site have in them >instead of just . They are identified as UNIX scripts, but appear >to have a PC flavor to them. Since I haven't edited them ("cat >{filename} | more" instead) I can't figure out where the came from >unless it is there to start. > >Eric M. Smith >telephone : (423) 229-2254 >profs/officevision : XGIB003 >internet -- business : erics@eastman.com >internet -- personal : burnsun@tricon.net > >Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are quick to anger. >Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste >good with ketchup. > >- >For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to >"gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help". > (jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com) delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply Mikey