* windows
@ 1997-09-30  0:57 Mojo
From: Mojo @ 1997-09-30  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

hi! I've recently downloaded r18 but I came up with a problem with
MS windows programs, such as this tiny one:

#include <windows.h>
int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
                   HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
                   LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
{
        MessageBox(NULL,
          "TEST"
          "You can exit now", MB_OK|MB_ICONASTERISK);
        return(0);
}

First of all, I didn't know where to find the library with MessageBox().
After a grep, I find it in libglaux.a; ok, I linked it with the program.
It compiles ok, butwhen executing windowsasks me glaux.dll; I've tried
to build it, but itseems it doesn't work.
I need some help :)

.al
-

* Re: windows
@ 1997-09-30 12:44 ` Keresztfalvi Gábor 97b
From: Keresztfalvi Gábor 97b @ 1997-09-30 12:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

On 30 Sep 1997 Mojo@majorbbs.grn.es wrote:

> hi! I've recently downloaded r18 but I came up with a problem with
> MS windows programs, such as this tiny one:
>
> #include <windows.h>
> int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
>                    HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
>                    LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
> {
>         MessageBox(NULL,
>           "TEST"
>           "You can exit now", MB_OK|MB_ICONASTERISK);
>         return(0);
> }
>
> First of all, I didn't know where to find the library with MessageBox().
> After a grep, I find it in libglaux.a; ok, I linked it with the program.
> It compiles ok, butwhen executing windowsasks me glaux.dll; I've tried
> to build it, but itseems it doesn't work.
> I need some help :)
>
> .al

Hi!
 I don't remember exactly, but you should link to your program the
libuser32.a library.
I hope this will help.

				Keresztg

| Keresztfalvi Gabor			         Budapesti Piarista Gimnazium |
| Web Page: http://www.piar.hu/~keresztg/	 			      |
| E-Mail: keresztg@podolin.piar.hu				:-)	      |
|         keresztg@goliat.eik.bme.hu             Budapesti Muszaki Egyetem    |
+---------- This message was transmitted on 100% recycled electrons ----------+

-

* Re: windows
@ 1997-09-30 15:51 ` J Russell Smyth
From: J Russell Smyth @ 1997-09-30 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Mojo@majorbbs.grn.es wrote:

> hi! I've recently downloaded r18 but I came up with a problem with
> MS windows programs, such as this tiny one:
>
> #include <windows.h>
> int WINAPI WinMain(HINSTANCE hInstance,
>                    HINSTANCE hPrevInstance,
>                    LPSTR lpCmdLine, int nCmdShow)
> {
>         MessageBox(NULL,
>           "TEST"
>           "You can exit now", MB_OK|MB_ICONASTERISK);
>         return(0);
> }
>
> First of all, I didn't know where to find the library with
> MessageBox().
> After a grep, I find it in libglaux.a; ok, I linked it with the
> program.
> It compiles ok, butwhen executing windowsasks me glaux.dll; I've tried
>
> to build it, but itseems it doesn't work.
> I need some help :)
>
> .al
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message

  MessageBox is in libuser32.a/user32.dll

   Russ Smyth
   jrussell@voicenet.com

-

* Re: Windows
@ 1998-10-31  8:05   ` Jan Tomasek
From: Jan Tomasek @ 1998-10-31  8:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sdr, gnu-win32

Hi Scott,
read mail archives, this was discused many times before. For correct
run of B19 you will to install USP patch and about environment out
of space ...
	SHELL=C:\COMMAND.COM /E:8192
This will set memory for e. to 8kB - put line into config.sys

Bye Jan

--
                            Jan Tomasek,          student FEL-CVUT

* Windows