* Header files for libwinmm.a?
@ 1997-10-09 16:37 Joachim Eibl
From: Joachim Eibl @ 1997-10-09 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I'm porting a program from Linux to Win95/NT using gnu-win32. Because
I use low level sound routines I have to implement them for each
sound system again. In the gnu-win32-distribution the appropriate lib
exists (libwinmm.a) but I don't find the include files.

In the FAQ under the topic "Why can't we redistribute Microsoft's Win32
headers?" it is mentioned that ".... Fortunately, we have our own Win32
headers which are pretty complete." But I don't know where to find them.

The original MS-header don't seem to work with gcc/g++. (afxwin.h and
mmsystem.h) The only workaround I know is to use both gcc and msvc for
compiling and then linking everything using gcc & ld.

Are some appropriate headers anywhere?

Joachim

PS: Thanks to all GNU contributors out there :-)

* Re: Header files for libwinmm.a?
@ 1997-10-10 21:25 ` Mikey
From: Mikey @ 1997-10-10 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joachim Eibl, gnu-win32

http://wwwdim.uqac.uquebec.ca/ftp/pub/gnuwin32/bin/MSSDK_4_ming_cygwin32.tar.gz

The above url has patches/headers/instructions on using the platform
SDK with mingw32/cygwin32.

On Thu, 09 Oct 1997 17:41:03 +0200, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm porting a program from Linux to Win95/NT using gnu-win32. Because
>I use low level sound routines I have to implement them for each
>sound system again. In the gnu-win32-distribution the appropriate lib
>exists (libwinmm.a) but I don't find the include files.
>
>In the FAQ under the topic "Why can't we redistribute Microsoft's Win32
>headers?" it is mentioned that ".... Fortunately, we have our own Win32
>headers which are pretty complete." But I don't know where to find them.
>
>The original MS-header don't seem to work with gcc/g++. (afxwin.h and
>mmsystem.h) The only workaround I know is to use both gcc and msvc for
>compiling and then linking everything using gcc & ld.
>
>Are some appropriate headers anywhere?
>
>Joachim
>

>PS: Thanks to all GNU contributors out there :-)
>--

(jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com)
delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply
         Mikey
-