* Bash bug ?
@ 1997-11-03 16:35 Pasa Guglielmo
From: Pasa Guglielmo @ 1997-11-03 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

It seems that there is a little bug in bash.
When you begin to type a command while bash prompt
is still not ready it prints the typed text in the reverse
order once ready.

And you cannot safely use the arrow keys without having
some kind of escape sequence apearing on the screen.
--
Sincerely yours,
				Pasa Guglielmo

* Re: Bash bug ?
@ 1997-11-04  7:44 ` Chris Faylor
From: Chris Faylor @ 1997-11-04  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

In article < 345E7FB9.89577E0E@omedia.ch >,
Pasa Guglielmo  <gpasa@omedia.ch> wrote:
>It seems that there is a little bug in bash.
>When you begin to type a command while bash prompt
>is still not ready it prints the typed text in the reverse
>order once ready.
>
>And you cannot safely use the arrow keys without having
>some kind of escape sequence apearing on the screen.

Try Sergey's coolview release.  It should solve these problems:

	http://www.lexa.ru/sos

This is a recording...
--
http://www.bbc.com/	cgf@bbc.com			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."

* Re: Bash bug ?
@ 1997-11-04  5:38 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1997-11-04  5:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gpasa; +Cc: gnu-win32

You must be on Win95.  I experience it only on Win95.  I reported the
problem but don't remember any response.

It appears to me that the stdio buffer is being LIFOed instead of
FIFOed.  I also think that this is the cause for the escape sequences
not behaving properly.  ie: The left arrow displaying [d[d[d.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

>Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 01:26:53 -0025
>From: Pasa Guglielmo <gpasa@omedia.ch>
>To: gnu-win32@cygnus.com
>Subject: Bash bug ?
>
>It seems that there is a little bug in bash.
>When you begin to type a command while bash prompt
>is still not ready it prints the typed text in the reverse
>order once ready.
>
>And you cannot safely use the arrow keys without having
>some kind of escape sequence apearing on the screen.
>--=20
>Sincerely yours,
>				Pasa Guglielmo
>=A6 homepage: http://www.omedia.ch/pages/gpasa/			 =A6
>=A6----------------------------------------------------------------=A6
>=A6 e-mail  : gpasa@omedia.ch       =A6  tel. :  +41 (0)24 485 50 40
=A6
>=A6 mailing : Pasa Guglielmo        =A6  fax  :  +41 (0)24 485 50 44
=A6
>=A6 	    Rte des Cases 17A     =A6 	  	  		 =A6=09
>=A6 	 CH-1890 St-Maurice       =A6  prof.: physicist		 =A6=09
>=A6	    (Switzerland)         =A6				 =A6=09

* RE: Bash bug?
@ 1997-04-30  8:25 Brian Beuning, com
From: Brian Beuning, com @ 1997-04-30  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, 'Steve Shepard'

I had some problems building on my d: drive for a while.
It seems by default the d: drive is not transparently accessible.
I think you can access it with something like //d/src or you
can use mount(1) to put it anywhere you want.  I did this
	c:
	md dos
	cd dos
	md d
	mount d: /dos/d

Then you can access d:\src as /dos/d/src.

Brian Beuning

----------
From: Steve Shepard @ 1997-04-29 17:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32; +Cc: sjs

@ 1997-04-19  2:14 ` John A. Lewis
From: John A. Lewis @ 1997-04-19  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ray Kelm; +Cc: gnu-win32

Ray,

You should be able to fix this problem by creating a /tmp direcotry for
the shell to use.  You can do this by creating a directory called 'tmp'
wherever you have your root set up, or by mounting your windows temp
directory ('C:\Windows\Temp' perhaps?) as '/tmp'.

-- John Lewis

Ray Kelm wrote:

> This doesn't work in a bash script:
>
> #!/bin/sh
>
> cat > test.txt <<EOF
> this is a test
> EOF
>
> I get:
>
> ./script: 73165732: No such file or directory
>
> Is this a bug someone has fixed? or even seen?
>
> -
-

* Re: BASH bug?
@ 1997-04-17 15:31 ` Geoffrey Noer
From: Geoffrey Noer @ 1997-04-17 15:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ray Kelm; +Cc: gnu-win32

> cat > test.txt <<EOF
> this is a test
> EOF
>
> I get:
> ./script: 73165732: No such file or directory
>
> Is this a bug someone has fixed? or even seen?

This is fixed in upcoming beta 18...

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com