* questions about port and timer functions
@ 1998-01-12 23:47 herzer
From: herzer @ 1998-01-12 23:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hello,

I have written a data acquisation program with DJGPP. Now I want to
port it to Windows NT and give him a fancy outfit (with Tcl/TK). But
yesterday in the evening these questions appeared:

1. How can I do port I/O with gnu-win32 (like in-, outportb in
   DJGPP). I didn't find any include file which contains a definition
   for these functions. What libraries do I need?
2. Is there a function which returns a time signal with precision of
   0.001 s or better?

Thank you for helping!

Armin

Armin Herzer
FH Ravensburg-Weingarten
Postfach 1261
88241 Weingarten
Germany
phone: 49-751-501-417
fax:   49-751-501-448
email: herzer@fbp.fh-weingarten.de
-

* Re: questions about port and timer functions
@ 1998-01-21  5:01 herzer
From: herzer @ 1998-01-21  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32, benny, pfay, rws

Hi,

Thanks to all who replied to my question!

It seems that I need something like a 'driver'. This driver does
nothing else than give me access to the desired port(s). There was a
library shipped with the board, but I do not want to use these
functions (call it learning how write a very simple 'driver').
In other words: I want my own routine (or 'driver' in this case) which
grants me port access.

Does anyone have an example for such a 'driver' routine?

The next days I will test the timer code! I am very interested to
hear more things about possible SMP conflicts in this case!