* dejagnu won't run
@ 1998-10-19 23:57 N8TM
From: N8TM @ 1998-10-19 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Can anyone tell me how to make dejagnu go?  This is the latest dejagnu from
egcs/infrastructure.

The first abnormal complaint reads:

.. couldn't execute "\Cygnus\B19\H-i386~1\BIN\..\share\dejagnu\config.guess":
no such file..

This file does appear to be installed normally in /Cygnus/B19/H-
i386-cygwin32/share/dejagnu/config.guess, and cat is able to display it even
using the longer version of the path.

It goes on either to time out or get an access violation on each test run.
Meanwhile, it hints "You may need to set your DEJAGNU environment variable."

I have had the same results under both NT and W95, using either the 19.1 or
the coolview .dll, and bash or ash as /bin/sh.
-

* Re: dejagnu won't run
       [not found] <356b674f.362c26fd.cygnus.gnu-win32@aol.com>
@ 1998-10-20  8:56 ` DJ Delorie
From: DJ Delorie @ 1998-10-20  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

N8TM@aol.com wrote:
> .. couldn't execute "\Cygnus\B19\H-i386~1\BIN\..\share\dejagnu\config.guess":
> no such file..

This sounds like /bin/sh is missing.  If not that, I don't know what
it would be.  The fact that it's mixing long and short names
in the same path looks strange, though.

> It goes on either to time out or get an access violation on each test run.
> Meanwhile, it hints "You may need to set your DEJAGNU environment variable."

I only got dejagnu working under NT a few days ago.  My changes
are checked in, so they might be in the next snapshot.  I fixed
a lot of bugs that caused timeouts, access violations, and
resource leaks.  Not all the changes were in cygwin; some were
in expect.

Setting the DEJAGNU variable tells dejagnu where your site-specific
configuration is.  There is a cygwin-specific site.exp, but
all it does is disable some of the gdb tests that aren't supported
yet.  Otherwise, the default "unix" configuration works.
Dejagnu should come with a sample site.exp that should work
OK as long as it has that default case in it.
-