* Compilling squid
@ 1998-08-03 17:22 Andrew Thompson
From: Andrew Thompson @ 1998-08-03 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Some people have sucessfull compiled squid on the latest gnu-win32. I have
the EGCs compillers and lots of librarys but I still need a number or
things like regex_t, timegm, tm.tm_gmtoff ,timezone or time_t.

Am I wasting my time if I try to go to one of the GNU ftp servers and take
the source for these librarys and compile them ??? I am new to unix
programming.

Andrew Thompson

-

* Re: ftp client corrupts binary files with ^m ??
@ 1998-08-06  0:57 Kevin F. Quinn
From: Kevin F. Quinn @ 1998-08-06  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32; +Cc: Guido Roeskens

Guido Roeskens [groeskens@bluewin.ch] wrote:

> You have to change the transfer type to binary mode: Simply type
> "bin" as an abbreviation for "binary". You can check the transfer
> type set with "type" or with "status".

The ftp.exe I have (from Sergey's "remote" package, I think) assumes
binary mounts, and fails on transfer of binary files to text!=binary
mounts in this way, even if type "binary" has been specified.

--
Kevin F. Quinn
Web: http://www.banana.demon.co.uk/