* Cygnus/EGCS Windows NT port of PostgreSQL
@ 1998-10-13 12:17 Joost Kraaijeveld
From: Joost Kraaijeveld @ 1998-10-13 12:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gnu-Win32 (E-mail), Egcs (E-mail)

Hi everybody,

We  have succeeded in porting PostgreSQL to Windows NT.

PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting almost all
SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and user-defined types
and functions. It is the most advanced open-source database available
anywhere.

Allthought it runs on Windows NT (and allmost most unix flavours) additional
Windows work has to be done. The three most important things (not in any
particular order) are:

1. Changen open() andd fopen() calls so that there is no need to mount the
directories binary.
2. Creating (a) dll(s) so we don't have to link staticaly.
3. Solving some regression test problems (numeric and date-time stuff).

If anyone feels the need to help, please do. Information on the project is
at:

The PostgreSQL home page:  http://www.postgresql.org
The unofficial PostgreSQL for Windows NT home page:
http://www.askesis.nl/AskesisPostgresIndex.html (very under construction)

Joost

-

* Re: Cygnus/EGCS Windows NT port of PostgreSQL
@ 1998-10-15  6:06 ` Stipe Tolj
From: Stipe Tolj @ 1998-10-15  6:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joost Kraaijeveld; +Cc: Gnu-Win32 (E-mail), Egcs (E-mail)

> We  have succeeded in porting PostgreSQL to Windows NT.
>
> PostgreSQL is a sophisticated Object-Relational DBMS, supporting almost all
> SQL constructs, including subselects, transactions, and user-defined types
> and functions. It is the most advanced open-source database available
> anywhere.
>
> Allthought it runs on Windows NT (and allmost most unix flavours) additional
> Windows work has to be done. The three most important things (not in any
> particular order) are:
>
> 1. Changen open() andd fopen() calls so that there is no need to mount the
> directories binary.
> 2. Creating (a) dll(s) so we don't have to link staticaly.
> 3. Solving some regression test problems (numeric and date-time stuff).
>
> If anyone feels the need to help, please do. Information on the project is
> at:

As I said already, I am very interested since I was (or still am) trying to port
mysql-3.22 to the cygwin32 environment. I will have a look on the issues in
order to support Win32 systems.

Regards,
Stipe

--
Stipe Tolj <tolj@uni-duesseldorf.de>
Cygwin32 Porting Project

-

* Re: Cygnus/EGCS Windows NT port of PostgreSQL
@ 1998-10-19 23:57   ` Debursky, Po-Sheng Ko
From: Debursky, Po-Sheng Ko @ 1998-10-19 23:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stipe Tolj; +Cc: Joost Kraaijeveld, Gnu-Win32 (E-mail), Egcs (E-mail)

Do Porting MySql to Cygnus a illegal action ?
TCl should not allow this, I think !.

-