* Bug in bash with Cygwin B20
@ 1998-11-05  6:50 Jorrit Tyberghein
From: Jorrit Tyberghein @ 1998-11-05  6:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I just installed the new Cygwin B20 today (on a Windows NT 4.0 system).
I've discovered that bash just hangs after typing about 9 to 10 illegal commands.

I just have to type 'xkdkdlefg' (or any other command you don't happen to have
somewhere :-) about 10 times and bash stops just like that. I can still quit it by
closing the windows but Ctr-C doesn't work.

It doesn't happen with valid commands.

Is this a known bug?

Greetings,

Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven BELGIUM

No-one would have believed, in the final years of the Century of the
Fruitbat, that Discworld affairs were being watched keenly and impatiently
by intelligences greater than Man's, or at least much nastier; that their
affairs were being scrutinised and studied as a man with a three-day
appetite might study the All-You-Can-Gobble-For-A-Dollar menu outside
Harga's House of Ribs...
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)

* Re: Bug in bash with Cygwin B20
@ 1998-11-07 18:59 ` Michael Hirmke
From: Michael Hirmke @ 1998-11-07 18:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi Jorrit,

[...]
>I just installed the new Cygwin B20 today (on a Windows NT 4.0 system).
>I've discovered that bash just hangs after typing about 9 to 10 illegal
>commands.
>
>I just have to type 'xkdkdlefg' (or any other command you don't happen to
>have somewhere :-) about 10 times and bash stops just like that. I can still
>quit it by closing the windows but Ctr-C doesn't work.
>
>It doesn't happen with valid commands.
>
>Is this a known bug?

No, and it doesn't happen here.
- NT 4 Server German SP3
- Cygwin B20

I tried to type about a hundred wrong commands - nothing remarkable
happened. I even wrote "while true; do qsfjlhfg; done" and it didn't
crash anything.

>Greetings,

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
                         | WWW     http://aquarius.franken.de/
-

* RE: Bug in bash with Cygwin B20
@ 1998-11-08  1:54 ` Rick Rankin
From: Rick Rankin @ 1998-11-08  1:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Seems to work OK on '98. I was up to about 35 "garbage" commands when I gave
up. It never even paused. I'll have to try it on my NT4 installation at
work.

Rick
--
Rick Rankin
rrankin@primenet.com

> Hi,
>
> I have just tested it. The same on my PC too.
>
> Regards,
> Mikhail
>
> ---Jorrit Tyberghein <Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just installed the new Cygwin B20 today (on a Windows NT 4.0
> system).
> > I've discovered that bash just hangs after typing about 9 to 10
> illegal commands.
> >
> > I just have to type 'xkdkdlefg' (or any other command you don't
> happen to have
> > somewhere :-) about 10 times and bash stops just like that. I can
> still quit it by
> > closing the windows but Ctr-C doesn't work.
> >
> > It doesn't happen with valid commands.
> >
> > Is this a known bug?
> >
> > Greetings,
> >
> > --

> ============
> > Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven
> BELGIUM
> >
> > No-one would have believed, in the final years of the Century of the
> > Fruitbat, that Discworld affairs were being watched keenly and
> impatiently
> > by intelligences greater than Man's, or at least much nastier; that
> their
> > affairs were being scrutinised and studied as a man with a three-day
> > appetite might study the All-You-Can-Gobble-For-A-Dollar menu outside
> > Harga's House of Ribs...
> >         -- (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)

> message to
> > "gnu-win32-request@cygnus.com" with one line of text: "help".
> >

> ==
> Mikhail Tchernychev
> 2190 Fortune Dr.
> San Jose CA 95126 USA

-

* Re: Bug in bash with Cygwin B20
@ 1998-11-07  0:01 Mikhail Tchernychev
From: Mikhail Tchernychev @ 1998-11-07  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

I have just tested it. The same on my PC too.

Regards,
Mikhail

---Jorrit Tyberghein <Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed the new Cygwin B20 today (on a Windows NT 4.0
system).
> I've discovered that bash just hangs after typing about 9 to 10
illegal commands.

> I just have to type 'xkdkdlefg' (or any other command you don't
happen to have
> somewhere :-) about 10 times and bash stops just like that. I can
still quit it by
> closing the windows but Ctr-C doesn't work.
>
> It doesn't happen with valid commands.
>
> Is this a known bug?
>
> Greetings,
>
> --

> Jorrit.Tyberghein@uz.kuleuven.ac.be, University Hospitals KU Leuven
BELGIUM

> No-one would have believed, in the final years of the Century of the
> Fruitbat, that Discworld affairs were being watched keenly and
impatiently
> by intelligences greater than Man's, or at least much nastier; that
their
> affairs were being scrutinised and studied as a man with a three-day
> appetite might study the All-You-Can-Gobble-For-A-Dollar menu outside
> Harga's House of Ribs...
>         -- (Terry Pratchett, Moving Pictures)

message to

==