* GDB Under Emacs
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 Dave Finnegan
From: Dave Finnegan @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I'm running version Cygwin version B20.1 and Emacs version 20.3.1
and am having trouble getting GDB to work from within Emacs.

I can get GDB to come up via the "M-x gdb" command, but when it
pulls the source code into the other window the buffer is blank.

Any ideas?

  Dave
  dave@syncinc.com

-

* Re: GDB Under Emacs
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 ` Matt Armstrong
From: Matt Armstrong @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Finnegan; +Cc: gnu-win32

Dave Finnegan <dave@syncinc.com> writes:

> I'm running version Cygwin version B20.1 and Emacs version 20.3.1
> and am having trouble getting GDB to work from within Emacs.
>
> I can get GDB to come up via the "M-x gdb" command, but when it
> pulls the source code into the other window the buffer is blank.
>
> Any ideas?

Is your source in some other location besides the "root" directory
tree?  I know Emacs' gud.el gets confused by cygwin's drive letter
mechanism ("//drive-letter/path").

(I'd give up on the ability to have single-letter directories in my
root dir in exchange for being able to just say /drive-letter/path.)

-

* Re: GDB Under Emacs
@ 1999-01-31 23:52   ` Dave Finnegan
From: Dave Finnegan @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Armstrong; +Cc: gnu-win32

It is now :-)

I run with my home directory on the 'd:' drive and, thus, had to muck
around with the mount points for root, as you suggested.  With root
mapped to d: everything works fine.

As an aside, is there a FAQ for, or can anyone address the whole drive
issue?  How does the shell handle drive designators, how does the mount
information get handled, at what level, and do these mount points get
seen by non-cygwin apps, etc, etc?

Thanks,

  Dave