* Re: Libgen ??
@ 1999-01-31 23:52   ` Mumit Khan
From: Mumit Khan @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Geoff Hayward; +Cc: gnu-win32

On Thu, 28 Jan 1999, Geoff Hayward wrote:

> Thanks, that seems to have solved the problem of basename but this library
> doesn't contain dirname.
> Any suggestions ?

Since these are non-standard functions, the only long term strategy you
should go for is to write a "port" library that does this w/out having
to depend on the target system providing these (which it doesn't have
to).

dirname is rather simple to write, but you need to take care given
the rather wide range of Win32 pathname styles.

Regards,
Mumit

-

* Re: Libgen ??
       [not found] <199901271933.NAA05578@modi.xraylith.wisc.edu>
@ 1999-01-31 23:52 ` Geoff Hayward
From: Geoff Hayward @ 1999-01-31 23:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Mumit Khan wrote:

> Geoff Hayward <geoff.hayward@stest.ch> writes:
> >
> > Help ! I'm trying to compile some old code under cygwin and  I
> > can't find the libgen include file or library.
> >
> > The code contains calls to dirname and basename functions. Are
> > these included in any libraries under cygwin or can someone suggest
> > alternative functions to use ?
> >

> use libiberty (-liberty), which is some/most of the non-standard BSD'ish
> routines useful for porting existing code.

Thanks, that seems to have solved the problem of basename but this library
doesn't contain dirname.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers,

    Geoff.