* DateTime Picker and MonthCal ctrl. under b20.
@ 1999-03-09 13:57 Nirmal Prasad
From: Nirmal Prasad @ 1999-03-09 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi there,

I happened to notice that there was no support for the Date-Time Picker and
Month Control under gnu-win32 b20. Well i have put in the necessary message
constants , macros and structures into the various files but i found that
the CommonControl library (libComCtl32.a does not have an export called
InitCommonControlsEx.) I have a comctl32.dll that has this exported function
but my question is how was libcomctl32.a built. ( Pls. correct me if i am
wrong .. i was looking for something like implib).  It will be great if
someone could tell me how i could build a new libcomctl32.a

Thanx in Advance

Regards

Nirmal Prasad R.

* Re: DateTime Picker and MonthCal ctrl. under b20.
@ 1999-03-09 23:31 ` Anders Norlander
From: Anders Norlander @ 1999-03-09 23:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nirmal Prasad; +Cc: cygwin

Nirmal Prasad wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I happened to notice that there was no support for the Date-Time Picker and
> Month Control under gnu-win32 b20. Well i have put in the necessary message
> constants , macros and structures into the various files but i found that
> the CommonControl library (libComCtl32.a does not have an export called
> InitCommonControlsEx.) I have a comctl32.dll that has this exported function
> but my question is how was libcomctl32.a built. ( Pls. correct me if i am
> wrong .. i was looking for something like implib).  It will be great if
> someone could tell me how i could build a new libcomctl32.a

InitCommonControlsEx and related things are new features of the win32
gui
and they are not (as you've noticed) in any headers or import libraries.
Get the .def file for comctl32.dll (comtl32.def) and add the line:
InitCommonControlsEx@4

To build the library execute:
dlltool -k --output-lib libcomtl32.a --dllname comctl32.dll --def
comctl32.def

You also have to add the prototype for InitCommonControlsEx to
commctrl.h
(don't forget WINAPI). Could you send me your patches?

Get the def file from the mingw32 package
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html
or from the GNU Windows32 library
or from the cygwin source distribution.

Anders

* Re: DateTime Picker and MonthCal ctrl. under b20.
@ 1999-03-31 19:45   ` Anders Norlander
From: Anders Norlander @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nirmal Prasad; +Cc: cygwin

@ 1999-03-31 19:45 ` Nirmal Prasad

From: Nirmal Prasad @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: anorland; +Cc: cygwin

hi anders,

>To build the library execute:
>dlltool -k --output-lib libcomtl32.a --dllname
comctl32.dll --defcomctl32.def

Thanks for the help. I have built the lib successfully and am currently
testing the DTPicker and Month Control. They seem to be running fine.

>Could you send me your patches?
Yes sure. i am attaching a file "DTPickerChanges.tar.gz". use the following
option
"gunzip DT....gz"
"tar -xvf DT...tar"
and it will create two sub-directories :-
1. Include. (This is the include dirctory where the usual Win32 headers are
i.e Messages.h, Defines.h, CommonFunctions.h etc..). I have only copied the
headers that i have changed. There are only ADDITIONS TO THE existing
headers.PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS NOT THE COMPLETE SET OF WIN32 headers.

2. Lib. The Lib directory contains a new libcomctl32.a and the def file that
i have changed to include InitCommonControlsEx. I have also put the
comctl32.dll that i have used to obtain the libcomctl32.a

I am also trying to add the other classes that are missing. Please let me
know if i have missed anything.

Thanx

@ 1999-03-10 17:36 Nirmal Prasad
From: Nirmal Prasad @ 1999-03-10 17:36 UTC (permalink / raw)