* Re: Ksh gives error message, "This program cannot be run in MS-DOS mode"
       [not found] <00a601be6da4$1edfcc40$cf39a5d1@www.lightspeed.net>
@ 1999-03-13 15:56 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 1999-03-13 15:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin

David's Lightspeed Email wrote:
> Okay, downloaded program, unzipped it, read the readme and copied executable
> to bin directory.
> When I try to launch it, it complains that
>                     "This progam cannot be run in MS-DOS mode"
> I know that I've faced this same error with one of the other Cygnus Shells,
> but I don't recall how I fixed it.

and:

> Thanks!  I recall you helped me find the Tcsh too. I appreciate it.
> The Tcsh takes a terribly long time to start, however, and has caused
> my system to crash more than once.  Does this happen to you?

and:

> P.S. My Tcsh has an incredibly slow startup time.  Has anyone else had

I don't have such problems. I sounds, as if your installation
of cygwin environment is not correct.

Your reported slow startup of tcsh is also a good hint for this.

Regards,
Corinna

* Re: Ksh gives error message, "This program cannot be run in MS-DOS mode"
@ 1999-03-31 19:45   ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 1999-03-31 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David's Lightspeed Email, cygwin